The many moods of summer, from the bright days to the sultry nights, have been explored in fashion, but exciting and diverse nail trends have become the new movement in style. From nude colors to a “crackling” surprise, we have compiled a list of 5 trends that fashionistas everywhere should know.
1. One of the trendiest colors that have emerged this season is nude. While this may seem surprising, nude colors bring a fresh femininity and demureness to the wearer. To avoid the color blending in with your fingers, pick a color with a high gloss formula. Some good picks are Essie Nail Polish in Sand Tropez for $8 or Deborah Lippmann in Naked for $16.
2. Another color that is everywhere is metallic grey. Almost every brand of nail polish has some variation on the color, and each has something new to bring to it. While some colors have more of a blue or green tinge, the dark undertone is what makes this a special shade. This trend looks ultramodern and sophisticated, which is great for those nights on the town! If you want to sport this style, some good choices are Chanel in Black Pearl for $25 or for something less expensive, try Essie in Over the Top for $4.95
3. Crackle nail polish is one of the hottest trends for 2011. The crackle effect is done by first putting on a base coat of nail polish in any color, and letting it dry. Then apply the crackle coat and wait for the cool crackle effect! After this, use a clear top coat to seal the color. Some great crackle coat options are OPI’s Shatter collection for $12 or China Glaze Crackle Glaze for $8.
4. If you hate the occasional mess that comes along with nail polish, Sally Hanson’s Salon Effects Nail Strips are the way to go! The strips are self-adhesive, and are easy to apply. Just press the appliqué to your nails and file off the excess. The different designs range from prints like lace and leopard, to solids like coral and glittery blue. One package of nail cost $9.00 and last at least 10 days.
5. Pastel colored nail polish is a great way to be elegant and tasteful while still showing a fun and colorful side. Some great summer colors are lavender, robin’s egg blue, and light yellow. If you want to wear this trend, some great choices are Butter London Nail Polish in Artful Dodger for $14 and Sally Hansen’s Yellow Kitty for $7
While soaking up the sun or dancing the night away, nails are a great way to change your look, and with these new trends, it’s become easier and more exciting then ever before!