If your a football fan, the last place you want to be during the big game is in the kitchen! But what’s a Super Bowl party without wings, nachos, and all the other game day munchies? What you need are recipes that don’t require lots of ingredients or time, but are sure to please your friends…even if their football team isn’t!
2 cups shredded, cooked, chicken breast
1 cup salsa
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1/2 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Combine shredded chicken with salsa in a bowl.
3. Arrange tortilla chips on a large baking sheet. Spoon refried beans and then chicken mixture over tortilla chips. Top with Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend and tomato. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with lettuce and serve with sour cream, guacamole, and extra salsa if desired.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 package Pillsbury Pizza Dough crust (or other pizza crust)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 – 1 cup bbq sauce
3 pieces grilled chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Roll out your pizza dough onto baking sheet. Cut grilled chicken into bite size pieces and toss in half of the bbq sauce.
3. Cover pizza dough with remaining bbq sauce to your preference, leaving about an inch of border around the the crust. Sprinkle with cheese and chicken and throw it in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted! Enjoy!
Antipasto Squares (Allrecipes)
2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1/4 pound thinly sliced boiled ham
1/4 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
1/4 pound thinly sliced salami
1/4 pound thinly sliced pepperoni sausage
1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, cut into thin strips
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
2. Unroll one package of crescent roll dough, and cover the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Layer the ham, provolone cheese, Swiss cheese, salami, pepperoni, and red peppers, on top of the dough.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly, and stir in the parmesan cheese and black pepper. Pour 3/4 of this mixture over the peppers. Unroll the second package of dough, and place over the top of the peppers. Brush with the remaining egg mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil, and bake another 10 to 20 minutes, or until dough is fluffy and golden brown. Cut into squares. Serve warm, or at room temperature. Allrecipes.com
Hungry Girl’s HG’s Sweet ‘n Sassy Boneless Hot Wings (lowfat)
4 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into 8 nuggets
2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
2 tbsp. whole-wheat flour
2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
1 tsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Dash black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and/or spray with nonstick spray. Place chicken in a bowl, cover with egg substitute, and toss to coat. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and black pepper, and mix well. One at a time, transfer chicken nuggets to the flour bowl, giving them a shake first to remove excess egg substitute – coat completely with flour, and then transfer to the baking sheet.
3. Bake in the oven for about 16 minutes, flipping halfway through, until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside. Combine chili sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a bowl and mix well. Add chicken and toss to coat.
Buffalo Chicken Stromboli
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese wedge
3 tablespoons hot sauce
1/2 package puff pastry sheets, biscuits, or crescent rolls, thawed
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stir the chicken, cheese and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
2. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10×14-inch rectangle.
3. With the short side facing you, spoon the chicken mixture down the center of the pastry. Fold 2 opposite sides of the pastry to the center over the filling and press to seal. Place the pastry, seam-side down, onto a baking sheet. Tuck the ends under to seal.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Cut the pastry in quarters to serve.
3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
Lowfat Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 cups diced or shredded chicken
2 Laughing Cow blue cheese wedges, or 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup fat free cream cheese
2 tbsp hot sauce
1. Throw all the ingredients in a bowl, stir it up, and throw it in the microwave for one minute, stopping and stirring midway. Add more hot sauce if you like it hot!
2. Serve with tortilla chips, veggies, crackers, or ranch ricecakes!
Warm Chicken Nacho Dip
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
1 (1 pound) Velveeta, cubed
2 large cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, shredded
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup diced green onion
1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste (optional)
1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Place the diced tomatoes, processed cheese, chicken meat, sour cream, green onion, taco seasoning, and jalapeno pepper into a slow cooker. Cook on High, stirring occasionally until the cheese has melted and the dip is hot, 1 to 2 hours. Stir in the black beans, and cook 15 more minutes to reheat.
Pigs in Blankets
2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
48 cocktail-sized smoked link sausages or hot dogs
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll both cans of the dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
2. Place sausage on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Mexican 7-Layer Dip
1 (1 pound) lean ground beef
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
2 cups low-fat Mexican cheese blend
1 (16 ounce) container low-fat sour cream
1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 tomato, diced
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 (11 ounce) jar salsa
tortilla chips or veggies
1. In large skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until browned. Stir in beans, chilies and taco seasoning mix. Spread sausage mix into 7 x 11 serving dish. Top with sour cream then salsa. Sprinkle olives, tomato and onion on top. Cover with cheese. Serve immediately!